Even though Rihanna didn’t release a new album in 2015 she was still everywhere. Her face appeared on various magazine covers around the world, she promoted three singles, launched collections with Stance and Puma, became the first black face of Christian Dior, voiced a character in an animated movie, and performed in Chile for the first time ever. Rihanna definitely maintained her status as a fashion icon and expanded her brand while doing so. Here are my personal picks for her best looks of 2015.
After Rihanna covered numerous magazines in 2014, we all thought there weren’t anymore for her to do but she proved us all wrong. Here are my top three covers of 2015:
- Rih kicked off the year with a stunning cover for i-D
- She literally swam with sharks for Harper’s Bazaar’s Jaws-inspired March issue
- The simplicity of this T magazine shoot showed off her beauty
Rihanna’s street style was super casual for most of the year but when she got it right, it was perfect. Here are my best candid outfits of 2015.
- It’s no secret that Rihanna is a tomboy and this outfit was just too good. That vintage Raf Simons jacket needs to be in my closet!
- In October Rih took Paris by storm, killing it in one amazing Dior look after another. This Fall 2013 couture look was one of my faves.
- She ended an amazing year in one of her best of the year. Check out this incredible Fendi dress Rih wore on New Year’s Eve.
There weren’t too many performances in 2015 so the Rihanna Navy was beyond excited for every single one. Even without a new album the superstar proved she can still draw a crowd.
- Rih headlined a pre-Super Bowl party in Tom Ford menswear and looked fantastic
- Somehow this Versace/Adam Selman outfit became one of Rihanna’s most iconic looks. It was quite popular for Halloween 2015 and she even put the look on a pair of Stance holiday socks.
- Rihanna surprised attendees at CBS’s We Can Survive concert. Cancer awareness is a cause that is dear to her heart. She wore Y/Project Official for the first time ever.
There weren’t too many red carpet appearances this year but Rihanna did do a promo tour for the animated movie Home and she also made a few special appearances during the year.
- Pink is her colour! I’ve lost count of how many times I said this in 2015. Rihanna looked amazing at every stop on the Home promo tour but this Pascal Millet outfit was certainly the best of the bunch.
- There are very few people who could pull off Guo Pei’s fifty-five pound fur and silk cape and one of those people is Rihanna. She showed everyone that you can stick to the Met Gala theme, show appreciation for another culture without being insulting and look stunning all at once.
- Rih attended Dior’s Spring/Summer 2016 show in Paris wearing a couture look by the brand. Again, how good does she look in pink?
And those are my picks. Agree? Disagree? Let me know in the comments or tweet me.