2016 was a great year for Rihanna. She released an incredible album, pulled off a successful tour of the US and Europe, launched the Fenty x Puma clothing line, became the first woman to win the Shoe of the Year award and received MTV’s Video Vanguard award. And that’s just a few of the things she accomplished last year. There’s no one killing it in both fashion and music quite like Rihanna. Here are my personal picks for her best fashion moments of 2016. Let me know if you agree or disagree in the comments.
The fashion icon spoiled us with a plethora of magazine covers in 2014 and 2015 but we only got four major covers in 2016. These are my top three.
- Pat McGrath’s makeup transformed Rihanna into a post-apocalyptic queen for W magazine
- I hoped to see Rihanna in this Tom Ford dress and what better way than the cover of US Vogue
- Rihanna announced her denim shoe collab with Manolo Blahnik via British Vogue
Rihanna made appearances throughout the year at Fenty pop-up shops, talk shows and award ceremonies. One of the most important was her return to Barbados to celebrate the island’s fiftieth year of independence. Below are my faves.
- Rihanna slayed a Paris pop-up wearing Marques’Almeida
- Jahleel Weaver styled a vintage and Vauthier moment for the Ellen show
- This head-to-toe Miu Miu took a while to grow on me but I get it now
Despite being on tour for much of 2016, Rihanna still found time for a few major performances. She kept it interesting with vintage pieces and crazy thigh-high boots.
- Vetements, Vetements, Vetements. Enough said
- The shoes caused outrage on Twitter but I really loved this Marc Jacobs look
- More Vetements, an emerging designer and vintage Alaïa for OVO Fest
Choosing Rihanna’s best off duty looks is always the hardest part of making these posts. Honestly, her candid looks can be more exciting than the red carpet stuff. There were several memorable moments and narrowing it down to three was just too hard so I added a couple of honourable mentions.
- The Saint Laurent heart-shaped fur cape could not be beat
- This silky Are You Am I dress with the locs was a close contender for the top spot
- Riri made Prague her runway in Faustine Steinmetz and Balenciaga
- Rihanna’s Parisian look turned me on to Isa Arfen
- Chap boots were a big part of her style in 2016 including these Manolos
- Tattered Raf Simons never looked so good
I’m looking forward to another great year of fashion from Rih. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us.